We love the Brecon Beacons! We work hard to keep the area stunning and safe, and to support a thriving community and tourism industry. Elizabeth is a member of the National Park Marketing Co-ordination Group, and a Trustee of Brecon Beacons Tourism Association. We promote tourism in the area with personal recommendations and by using our 'Exclusive Map' which we give to customers to share our favourite 40 or so local businesses, with exclusive offers.
We strive to minimise our environmental footprint and support owners to do the same. Have a look at our Environmental Policy for more details. And:
Events, Community and Charity Activity:
Our primary charity is Brecon Mountain Rescue, but we sponsor a number of local events and support lots of other causes:
- We support St David’s Hospice and Usk House in Brecon
- For the last few years, we have supported and sponsored Crickhowell Walking Festival, Hay Festival, Brecon Jazz and Brecon Baroque, Cwmddu Show, Brecon Show and Talybont Show
- We are Friends of the Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh (Brecon)
- Ras I'r Bannau 5 k race to support the local Welsh-medium nursery
- We have sponsored the WAAT4 Mountain Marathon for the last few years, raising money for various charities such as Brecon Mountain Rescue, Wales Air Ambulance, Teenage Cancer Trust, PC Rathbones Blue Light Fund and Help for Heroes.
- Police Sport UK National Judo Championships.
- We run regular charity events, such as bikeathons and cake sales