Weeks from £470
- Short Breaks from £353
- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
- 2 Bathroom(s)
- 2 Toilet(s)
- 2 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- Hidden Gem
- Ground floor facilities
This glorious cottage is set in a very remote, stunning position looking across the Irfon Valley to the Eppynt Mountains and the Brecon Beacons mountain range beyond. Surrounded by 500 acres of private woodland and farmland with many forest walks and rides - well behaved dogs are welcome. The only person you are likely to encounter may be the very occasional horse with rider on the bridleway above the cottage.
The cottage is approached up a private woodland track - perfectly good for most cars except perhaps the very lowest sports car.
Sleeps 4 - 2 En-suite bedrooms with Twin or Super - King size beds
The original cottage was built all on one level, dating from the eighteenth century, and was once the home of the Estate Game Keeper - now a contemporary cottage that "he would never in a 100 years recognise" with a spacious and beautifully designed kitchen with a built in electric cooker and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. The dining table is set where you can just sit and gaze out of the window to take in the views;.
Downstairs Bedroom 1: A bedroom with a Super king or Twin beds, glorious views with French doors opening out to the terrace; an en-suite bathroom with a shower over the bath, hand basin and toilet.
Downstairs Bedroom 2: The second bedroom also has a Super king or Twin beds and with views out over the valley and an en-suite bathroom with a shower over the bath, hand basin and toilet.
There are extensive grounds around the cottage with a recently laid lawn with garden furniture.
Private fishing for trout. Salmon and Grayling to be discussed with the owner on the lake and on The River Irfon.
A fantastic place for star gazing with almost no light pollution so well worth bringing your telescope here.
* All linen and towel inclusive.
* All electricity and oil central heating inclusive.
* 2 Dogs are welcome.
* Wifi available.
* Ample parking.
* Safe storage for mountain bikes etc.
* Garden with BBQ and garden furniture.
* Ground floor facilities are suitable for visitors with limited mobility but please note there is a bath not a walk-in shower.
* Cot and high chair available.
* Trout fishing available on the private lake and the Dulas.
* Short breaks to be discused.
Approximately one mile to Garth village, the nearest pub is The Trout Inn in Beulah and another one that is popular is The Prince Llewellyn that serves good food in Cilmery. Post Office and shop in Llangammarch Wells.
This is a great place to stay for exploring The Brecon Beacons and Mid Wales a short drive up to The Elan Valley, an easy drive to The West Wales Coast and easy to reach The Royal Welsh Showground at Builth Wells with its many events throughout the year.
Builth Wells 7 miles Brecon 18 miles Llanwrtyd Wells 7 miles Hay on Wye 25 miles
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Carolyn, Edwina or Lucy
- Bike Storage
- Ground floor facilities
- High Chair
- Pets Welcome
- Shower over bath
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
Lots of space, pretty hills, lush valleys and forests. The two main towns in the area are Builth Wells and Llanwrtyd Wells (which claims to be the smallest town in Britain). Both are old spa towns, with a rich history and impressive architecture. We've got a selection of holiday cottages in the towns and in the pretty villages and countryside nearby.
2017 - 2018 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 20 Oct - 26 Oct 2017:£588£441
- 27 Oct - 21 Dec 2017:£470£353
- New Year:£647--------
- 1 Jan - 11 Jan 2018:£663£497
- 12 Jan - 8 Feb 2018:£482£362
- 9 Feb - 15 Feb 2018:£513£385
- 16 Feb - 29 Mar 2018:£482£362
- 30 Mar - 12 Apr 2018:£603£452
- 13 Apr - 24 May 2018:£513£385
- 25 May - 31 May 2018:£663£497
- 1 Jun - 19 Jul 2018:£513£385
- 20 Jul - 30 Aug 2018:£603£452
- 31 Aug - 18 Oct 2018:£513£385
- 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2018:£603£452