Kestrel Farmhouse is the new addition to a group of cottages near Llandovery ensuring this group of five cottages is brilliant for a group of up to 29 guests, perfect for a family celebration or friends reunion.
KESTREL is closest to Hobby Stable Cottage (sleeps 4/5) and Merlin Stable Cottage (sleeps 2) with a large dining room seating 12, which can be extended into the living area giving seating for 30 to include guests staying in Kite StableCottage (sleeps 10) and Peregrine Stable Cottage (sleeps 4-6). Guests have shared access to the large Jacuzzi/ Hot Tub
Sleeps 8 -2 Twins, 2 Doubles each with shower ensuite - one twin is downstairs.
The accommodation offers a well- equipped kitchen/breakfast room together with a spacious living/dining area.
Bedroom 1: Twin bedroom with en suite shower, toilet and handbasin
Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom with en suite shower, toilet and handbasin
Bedroom 3: A King Size bedroom - en suite shower, toilet and handbasin
Bedroom 4: A King Size bedroom with walk-in wardrobe - en suite shower, toilet and handbasin
* Electricity and heating inclusive
* Bedlinen and towels provided
* Cots, guest beds and highchairs available
* Ample parking for numerous cars
* Enclosed patio area with picnic table
* TV with Free sat channels
* Free WIFI
* FLEXIBLE CHANGE OVER DAY & SHORTBREAKS AVAILABLE
* Dining room equipped to seat up to 30 guests
* Professional catering available
* Jacuzzi to seat 8-9
* Mobile telephone reception good
* Telescope available
* 2 well behaved dogs welcome in all properties (more than two per property to be discussed with owner)
* Fields close to the house where ball games could be played on discussion with the owners
* Small Welcome Pack on arrival
* Lock-up storage for Bikes and washing facilities
* Cycle hire available
* Dry room for drying out clothes after a day in the hills
* Maps provided
Cynghordy Hall and Stables until the late 19th century was a Dower House on the Glan Bran Estate whose principal house was three miles away between Cynghordy and Llandovery in wild and beautiful South Wales. Cynghordy Estate has 350 acres and has been with the Lloyd Family since 1917.
The "Cefn" flock of North Country Cheviot sheep graze the fields around the Stables - the lambs are kept and sold for breeding and meat production. On remote Cynnant hill farm three miles up the valley there Scotch Blackface sheep are bred. Visitors are invited to walk through the fields and up the Cynnant hill without a dog or through the woods with a dog. If the sheep are in the farm building or are in pens, you are welcome to come and watch and, depending on the task, perhaps help.
Ideal for all kinds of outdoor activities
The area around the farm is ideal for all kinds of outdoor activities including, of course, walking and mountain biking with many bike trails through the forests. A selection of maps is provided with more available on request. There is fishing - to be discussed with the owner and horse riding, pony trekking and bushcraft available locally. This is a perfect place for bird watching - the owner is a keen ornithologist and is delighted to make suggestions as to where to see various birds. Again this is a lovely location for photography with good light and beautiful landscape and views.
Plenty to see and do
This area of northern Carmarthenshire is excellent for all types of outdoor pursuits with probably Mountain Biking being one of the most popular with the Trails - Cwm Rhaeadr, Coed Trallwmn Mountain Bike and Visitor Centre, The Gap Mountain Bike Trail, Brechfa, the Elan Valley Trails. Cycle hire can be arranged with cycles delivered for guided or unguided tours. The Man Versus Horse race and Bog Snorkelling are held in Llanwrtyd Wells! There is a Land Rover course, Clay Pigeon Shooting and Quad Biking on a nearby farm. As well as several nearby Pony Trekking centres, the Roman Gold Mine at Dolaucothi is nearby.
Llandovery is 5 miles. Llanwrtyd Wells 7 miles. Llangammach Wells 9 miles. Llandeilo 18 miles. Builth Wells approximately 18 miles on a straight road so a good base for all the events at The Royal Welsh Show Ground.
The closest shops and pubs are in either Llandovery or Llanwrtyd Wells. The Cardigan coast is an hour's drive - so an easy day visit.
- Bike Storage
- Ground floor facilities
- High Chair
- Hot Tub (Shared)
- Pets Welcome
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Working Farm
2018 - 2019 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 27 Oct - 21 Dec 2018:£707£530
- New Year:£972--------
- 1 Jan - 15 Feb 2019:£725£544
- 16 Feb - 22 Feb 2019:£770£578
- 23 Feb - 29 Mar 2019:£725£544
- 30 Mar - 5 Apr 2019:£770£578
- 6 Apr - 26 Apr 2019:£906£680
- 27 Apr - 24 May 2019:£770£578
- 25 May - 31 May 2019:£996£747
- 1 Jun - 19 Jul 2019:£770£578
- 20 Jul - 30 Aug 2019:£906£680
- 31 Aug - 18 Oct 2019:£770£578
- 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2019:£906£680
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2019:£725£544