For a restful, relaxing retreat with panoramic views visit Warren Cottage. It is the middle cottage of the delightfully converted 16th Welsh Long House just 3 miles from the enchanting 'town of books', Hay-on-Wye. It is beautifully equipped, with a large open plan living area opening out onto a sunny patio. Children and all will love play barn with basic fitness equipment, table tennis, short tennis and a selection of ride on toys and the big, fenced meadow which are shared with neighbouring cottages Orchard View Cottage and Bramble Cottage
- Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms -
Warren Cottage has a fitted pine kitchen has a built-in oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge, microwave and breakfast bar. The sitting room is furnished with a good quality sofas, one of which is a sofa bed, a Flatscreen TV with DVD player and a dining table and chairs.
Bedroom 1: Spacious master double bedroom with TV
Bedroom 2: With full-sized bunk beds
There is a separate laundry with washing machine and drying facilities which is shared with neighbouring Orchard View Cottage and Bramble Cottage .
- Bedlinen and towels provided (Bathrobes provided in the double room)
- Electricity and oil central heating.
- Cots and highchairs available.
- Spacious play barn - table-tennis and fitness equipment, this spacious room will keep everyone entertained on wet days - a great, communal space for relaxing and planning your next walking adventure.
- Ample parking.
- Private patio area with furniture and BBQ.
- Pets welcome.
- Excellent mobile reception.
- Catering available.
- Local pub is a mile along a public footpath (2 miles by car)
- Further accommodation for 12 people (18 if using the sofabeds) can be provided by booking Bramble Cottage and Orchard View Cottage .
While you are there...
For those looking for an active holiday this location offers a huge choice of outdoor activities and sports. With some of the best cycle routes in the region you'll be spoilt for choice. The incredible Gospel Pass is 5 miles away allowing direct routes into the Llanthony Valley, Offa's Dyke Path, and the National Cycle Route 42. The cottages are also ideally located near The Begwyns, an upland moorland area. Largely unexplored, there are no set walks just a vast, wild and beautiful area to enjoy.
With the River Usk a few minutes walk away, water enthusiasts can enjoy canoeing and fishing. Further activities such as hang gliding, shooting, rock climbing, abseiling, gorge-walking, rafting, pot-holing, golf, off-road driving, paint-balling, orienteering and quad-biking can all be arranged locally, with nearby Llangorse Lake being a popular destination ? this is a real hotspot for outdoor activities.
Discover Hay-on-Wye - If outdoor pursuits aren't really your thing or you've simply run low on supplies head the 3 miles into Hay-on-Wye. The 'Town of Books' is fascinating, the shops there will not only provide for all your practical needs but also offer hours of browsing. There are boutique clothes shops, antique dealers, retailer's catering for crafts and interiors amongst many other things. There are some excellent pubs and restaurants and the most wonderful, old-fashioned sweetie shop.
Clyro 2 miles, Hay-on-Wye 3 miles.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Carolyn, Sophie or Ann
- Bike Storage
- Games Room
- High Chair
- Pets Welcome
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Working Farm
Holiday Cottages for book lovers, outdoor enthusiasts and festivals in Hay-on-Wye
For a great many of our guests, one visit to Hay-on-Wye is simply not enough. They enthuse time and again about the year-round energy and ambiance of this charming border ‘town of books’. It’s easy to while away a whole day browsing the miles of shelves in the many second hand bookshops as you seek out a rare first edition, or come face to face with a TV annual you haven’t seen since childhood.
2017 - 2018 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 20 Oct - 26 Oct 2017:£431£323
- 27 Oct - 21 Dec 2017:£344£258
- New Year:£474--------
- 1 Jan - 11 Jan 2018:£486£365
- 12 Jan - 8 Feb 2018:£353£265
- 9 Feb - 15 Feb 2018:£375£281
- 16 Feb - 29 Mar 2018:£353£265
- 30 Mar - 12 Apr 2018:£442£332
- 13 Apr - 24 May 2018:£375£281
- 25 May - 31 May 2018:£486£365
- 1 Jun - 19 Jul 2018:£375£281
- 20 Jul - 30 Aug 2018:£442£332
- 31 Aug - 18 Oct 2018:£375£281
- 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2018:£442£332