Weeks from £283
- Short Breaks from £212
- Bedrooms: 1
- Sleeps: 2
- 1 Bathroom(s)
- 1 Toilet(s)
- Cabins and Canvas
This is the ultimate antidote to city life! A shepherd's hut tucked away on a cattle farm. It has far reaching views of the Golden Valley from the pretty garden, and indeed from the bed. The Shepherds hut is beautifully well thought out, with handmade furniture and fittings, ample storage, a proper bathroom and a little kitchen area. It has everything you need for your break.
It's just a mile outside the village of Dorstone, with its pub (the popular Pandy Inn) and shop, and 7 miles from the bustling book town of Hay-on-Wye. There are walks from the door (stick to the footpaths as there's plenty of livestock around) and loads to do in the area.
The kitchen area faces you as you enter the cabin up the 3 steps. It is equipped with a sink, 2 ring hob, a combi microwave and grill and a fridge. There is a foldout table which can be neatly stowed away and 2 wicker chairs.
At one end is a double bed, with views out of the window over the highland cows and beyond to the Golden Valley. Under the bed is a clever storage drawer for bedding or luggage. There is a handmade built-in wardrobe with a hairdryer, mirror, books, binoculars and maps as well as space for your clothes.
At the other end is the shower room, with a good sized walk in shower, a toilet and hand basin.
Outside the cabin is a pretty lawn terrace with flowery borders and views over the highland cattle in the foreground and right down the Golden Valley beyond.
* There is parking and security lights to light your way from your car to the cabin.
* The cabin has electricity and running water
* Electric heater and heated towel rail
* No dogs / pets
* Linen and towels provided
* On a working cattle farm
* The Shepherds Hut is about 7ft by 20ft
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Emma B
- Cabins and Canvas
- No Pets
- Shop Nearby
- Walks from the door
- Working Farm
Holiday Cottages for book lovers, outdoor enthusiasts and festivals in and around Hay-on-Wye
Hay on Wye is known as being the ‘town of books’. It's a charming town on the border of Powys and Hereford, Wales and England. To the south of Hay on Wye, are the majestic Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons. North and East, are the rolling hills and pretty farmland of Herefordshire. There's plenty to explore in this area.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£300£225
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£283£212
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£300£225
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£353£265
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£300£225
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£388£291
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£300£225
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£353£265
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£300£225
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£353£265
- 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2019:£283£212