Weeks from £459
- Short Breaks from £344
- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
- 2 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- 2 Toilet(s)
- Close to Pub
Cliers Cottage is a delightful three hundred year old stone cottage with roses and wisteria around the door; the cottage is built on several levels, once inside the front door the cottage is rather like a "tardis"; the cottage is in the heart of the small hamlet of Felindre and within a few minutes' walk to the great local pub The Three Horseshoes - the owners remarked that there are often more horses, bicycles and tractors than cars parked outside! From the bedrooms there are lovely views over to the Black Mountains & Western Beacons. The little garden is idyllic - private and beside a "babbling brook".
Sleeps 4 - 2 bedrooms
Enter the cottage on the ground floor where there is a small sitting room with a featured stone fireplace,a selection of books, Sky TV with DVD player and CD/Radio.
The bathroom with a bath with a shower over, hand basin and toilet.
Up a steep flight of stairs to two very quaint and pretty cottage bedrooms through reduced height low doors
Bedroom 1: A bedroom with a double bed
Bedroom 2: A bedroom with twin beds
A flight of stairs lead down to the lower ground floor, these stairs are steep and narrow and you need to "duck" as the roof is low.
Down here is a cloakroom with hand basin and toilet.
A snug room with chairs, books & games. In the stone wall is the original Bread Oven.
Also on the lower ground floor - the cottage becomes contemporary with a spacious newly fitted "Shaker style" kitchen with an electric cooker, fridge/freezer, a microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, a slow cooker (great if out all day - come back to a warm meal), a slim line dishwasher and a washing machine.
Walk through arches but again "mind your head" as they are low, to a large double height extension with great glass windows looking out to the pretty terrace and the stream - a true bubbling brook! This lovely light, airy and warm room has a dining table and chairs, seating up to 6, and comfortable chairs set around a wood burning stove.
* All linen and towels inclusive
* Please note the lovely soft duvets, pillows and sofa cushions are filled with down and feathers
* All electricity and oil fired central heating inclusive
* First two baskets supplied for the wood burning stove (if you require more its £5 per basket)
* Pets welcome on the lower floor only, not allowed on the furniture
* Parking for one car off the road and further parking up the lane
* SKY TV with Freeview and a DVD
* Second TV/DVD player
* Radio/CD player
* Travel Cot, high chair, stair gate and baby monitor available
The garden is enclosed and securely fenced off from the stream with a little gate and stone steps down to the water - I would think it would be quite safe for children over about the age of six or seven to play in during the summer. There is a lawn and a parking area and a stone terrace where the doors open out with a BBQ and seating.
Hay-on-Wye 5 miles, Talgarth 3 miles
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Ceri, Jessica or Carolyn
- Bike Storage
- Enclosed Garden
- High Chair
- Pets Welcome
- Pub Nearby
- Shower over bath
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
Holiday Cottages for book lovers, outdoor enthusiasts and festivals in and around Hay-on-Wye
Hay on Wye is known as being the ‘town of books’. It's a charming town on the border of Powys and Hereford, Wales and England. To the south of Hay on Wye, are the majestic Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons. North and East, are the rolling hills and pretty farmland of Herefordshire. There's plenty to explore in this area.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£459£344
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£488£366
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£459£344
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£488£366
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£574£431
- 26 Apr - 16 May 2019:£488£366
- 17 May - 6 Jun 2019:£1060£795
- 7 Jun - 18 Jul 2019:£488£366
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£574£431
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£488£366
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£574£431
- 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2019:£459£344