For a restful, relaxing retreat with panoramic views visit Bramble Cottage. It is the east wing of a delightfully converted 16th Welsh Long House just 3 miles from the enchanting 'town of books', Hay-on-Wye. It is beautifully equipped, with a large open plan living area opening out onto a sunny patio. Children and all will love play barn with basic fitness equipment, table tennis, short tennis and a selection of ride on toys and the big, fenced meadow which are shared with neighbouring cottages Orchard View Cottage and Warren Cottage.
- Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms -
The fitted pine kitchen has a built-in oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge and microwave.
The sitting room is furnished with a good quality leather sofa bed, chairs, a Flatscreen TV with DVD player and a dining table and chairs. Wide doors lead out onto a sunny patio.
The downstairs bathroom has a bath, separate power shower, toilet and handbasin.
Bedroom 1: spacious master bedroom with a double bed and TV
Bedroom 2: The second bedroom is a spacious twin
There is a separate laundry with washing machine and drying facilities which is shared with neighbouring Warren Cottage and Orchard View Cottage.
- Bedlinen and towels provided along with dressing gowns for the double bedroom.
- Electricity and oil central heating.
- Cots and highchairs available.
- Spacious play barn - table-tennis and fitness equipment, this spacious room will keep everyone entertained on wet days - a great, communal space for relaxing and planning your next walking adventure.
- Ample parking.
- Private patio area with furniture and BBQ.
- Pets welcome.
- Excellent mobile reception.
- Catering available.
- Local pub is a mile along a public footpath (2 miles by car)
- Further accommodation for 12 people (18 if using the sofabeds) can be provided by booking Warren Cottage and Orchard View Cottage .
While you are there...
For those looking for an active holiday this location offers a huge choice of outdoor activities and sports. With some of the best cycle routes in the region you'll be spoilt for choice. The incredible Gospel Pass is 5 miles away allowing direct routes into the Llanthony Valley, Offa's Dyke Path, and the National Cycle Route 42. The cottages are also ideally located near The Begwyns, an upland moorland area. Largely unexplored, there are no set walks just a vast, wild and beautiful area to enjoy.
With the River Usk a few minutes walk away, water enthusiasts can enjoy canoeing and fishing. Further activities such as hang gliding, shooting, rock climbing, abseiling, gorge-walking, rafting, pot-holing, golf, off-road driving, paint-balling, orienteering and quad-biking can all be arranged locally, with nearby Llangorse Lake being a popular destination ? this is a real hotspot for outdoor activities.
Discover Hay-on-Wye - If outdoor pursuits aren't really your thing or you've simply run low on supplies head the 3 miles into Hay-on-Wye. The 'Town of Books' is fascinating, the shops there will not only provide for all your practical needs but also offer hours of browsing. There are boutique clothes shops, antique dealers, retailer's catering for crafts and interiors amongst many other things. There are some excellent pubs and restaurants and the most wonderful, old-fashioned sweetie shop.
Clyro 2 miles, Hay-on-Wye 3 miles.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Carolyn, Sophie or Ann
- Games Room
- High Chair
- Pets Welcome
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Working Farm
Holiday Cottages for book lovers, outdoor enthusiasts and festivals in and around Hay-on-Wye
Hay on Wye is known as being the ‘town of books’. It's a charming town on the border of Powys and Hereford, Wales and England. To the south of Hay on Wye, are the majestic Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons. North and East, are the rolling hills and pretty farmland of Herefordshire. There's plenty to explore in this area.
2018 - 2019 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2018:£383£287
- New Year:£528--------
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£393£295
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£418£314
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£393£295
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£418£314
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£491£368
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£418£314
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£541£406
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£418£314
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£491£368
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£418£314
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£491£368
- 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2019:£393£295