This ground floor cottage is full of character with views looking north to the mountains and south over the courtyard. Sugar Loaf Cottage feels like it's in the middle of nowhere, yet it is just a twenty minute walk from the bustling little market town of Crickhowell. This lovely ground floor cottage in Llangattock is the ideal place for those wanting to explore the beautiful Brecon Beacons and all this wonderful National Park has to offer.
There are fantastic walks and cycle routes from the doorstep, including up the Sugar Loaf, which can be seen from the Cottage.For visitors looking for a less energetic holiday, there are gentle strolls along the nearby Brecon and Monmouth canal and it is an easy walk into Crickhowell for shops, pubs and restaurants. Or, you could take advantage of Sugar Loaf Cottage's lovely location and simply admire the views from the courtyard.
Sugar Loaf Cottage (3 bed, sleeps 4)
The cottage itself has a large and welcoming entrance hall - the perfect space for kicking off walking boots and hanging up coats, you could even bring in your bikes - which leads onto a lovely open-plan living area.
Although flooded with light from the large windows, Sugar Loaf Cottage is a cosy and characterful barn conversion with a wealth of original features including exposed beams, stone walls and slit windows.
The hand made oak kitchen is well-equipped with everything you need to create delicious meals and is a great place to gather to discuss the days' adventures. The room is also furnished with a lovely antique Welsh dresser and two comfy sofas.
There are three bedrooms - two very pretty singles with whitewashed stone walls and original slit windows and a lovely double with exposed beams.
Bedroom 1 - Double Bedroom- Double Bedroom
Bedroom 2 - Single Bedroom- Single Bedroom
Bedroom 3 - Single Bedroom- Single Bedroom
Family bathroom with shower over bath, toilet, and hand basinwith shower over bath, toilet, and hand basin
Sugar Loaf Cottage is part of a small and attractive complex of holiday homes that were once the stables, barns and stores of Neuadd Farm. Some of the buildings date back to as early as the 1500s and all have a wealth of period character.
Guests have access to lockable storage for bikes, a shared laundry room with coin-operated washing machine and tumble dryer and free Wifi. There is ample parking on the site and well-behaved dogs are welcome.
There are two electric car charging points at The Neuadd. One is a universal charging point for all electric cars and the other is a Tesla charging point.
These are available free of charge for guests and are situated in the car park
* All properties have wifi
* All cottages have very efficient gas central heating
* Communal laundry room has coin-operated washing machine and tumble dryer
* All bedding and towels provided
* Guests have access to a storage facility for bikes
* BBQ and outdoor furniture available for guest use
* Dogs welcome in all cottages except for Vine Tree and Usk, which are both first floor accommodation and not suitable for pets
* Six beautifully renovated individual cottages in beautiful location will sleep 20 comfortably: Also available to book are Valley View, Oaktree Cottage, Usk Cottage,Trelawney Cottage and Vinetree Cottage.
Llangattock is under a mile away. Crickhowell 2 miles.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth or Ann
- Bike Storage
- Ground floor facilities
- High Chair
- Pets Welcome
- Pub Nearby
- Shop Nearby
- Shower over bath
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
Crickhowell is a pretty and bustling little town and a great place to book a holiday cottage. It's easy to get to, it has the Black Mountains to the East and the Brecon Beacons to the West, there are lots of great shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy and it's steeped in history with its castle and the neighbouring Tretower Court and Castle. And we've got a selection of over 60 lovely cottages in Crickhowell and the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Crickhowell is a great base for outdoor enthusiasts, with fantastic cycling and walking in the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
2018 - 2019 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2018:£414£311
- New Year:£569--------
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£424£318
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£450£338
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£424£318
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£450£338
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£530£398
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£450£338
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£583£437
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£450£338
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£530£398
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£450£338
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£530£398
- 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2019:£424£318