Weeks from £362
- Short Breaks from £272
- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
- 1 Bathroom(s)
- 3 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- 1 Toilet(s)
10% discount for couples staying in Little Hill Barn before 29 March 2019.
A lovely old stone barn set in the deep valley between Talgarth and Crickhowell. With great views up to Pen Allt Mawr; with walks from the door deep into The Black Mountains and over the road to Mynydd Llangorse. The barn has everything necessary to welcome walkers and cyclists to the area. There is excellent riding and pony trekking close by and The Gliding Centre is just up the lane. Tretower Court and Castle are just up the road, very often used for film locations. Talgarth is a welcoming village with The Mill - a working watermill that grinds the flour; there is a great cafe where visitors can enjoy good food with bread made on the premises. There are several really good independent shops, Mr. George the Butcher - renowned in the area and beyond, a small supermarket, several good pubs and an excellent fish and chip shop.
Crickhowell (The Fair Tax Town) is again a great little town with some really excellent independent shops and restaurants set on the River Usk.
The owner of the barn who is a keen cyclist, paddler and walker would be able to advise visitors on good routes. They also have a dog and are happy for visitors to bring their pets with them - there is a small enclosed garden at the back of the property.
The Barn is at the end of the owner's home and comfortably sleeps 4 guests in two bedrooms but access to the second bedroom and the bathroom is through the double bedroom.
Sleeps 2/4 - 2 Bedrooms
There is a spacious and open plan Living room/kitchen and dining room.
The kitchen has an electric cooker and hob, microwave, dishwasher and a fridge with small freezer compartment; a dining table and chairs.
The seating area has a comfy corner sofa and chair set around the wood burning stove, TV with Freesat and DVD player with a wide selection of DVD's and board games.
Up a flight of wooden stairs to:
Bedroom 1: Double bed
Then you walk through Bedroom 1 to get to bedroom 2 and the bathroom.
Bedroom 2: Super king bed that can be split to make full size twin beds (Zip and link beds)
Bathroom - electric shower over the bath, toilet and wash hand basin
* All linen and towels inclusive
* All electricity and central heating inclusive
* 3 pets are welcome
* Bike and canoe storage in a large lock up barn
* Drying room
* Access to washing machine (ask owner)
* Enclosed court yard with patio furniture and BBQ
* WiFi - limited speed, only suitable for checking emails and web pages
* Access to telephone (ask owner)
* TV with Freesat and DVD
* Ample off road parking, no parking permitted on the bridleway in front of the cottage
* Wood burning stove with wood supplied
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Joanna, Ann, Edwina,Andria or Lucy.
- Bike Storage
- Enclosed Garden
- High Chair
- No Mobile Reception
- Pets Welcome
- Shower over bath
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
Crickhowell is the 2018 winner of the best British High Street, and rightly so. It's a wonderful town to visit, with a strong community spirit, almost entirely independent (and excellent) shops, really good pubs and restaurants and award winning cafes. The bustling high street runs down to the idyllic river, with and the majestic Llangattock Escarpment on the other bank. It's easy to get to, it has the Black Mountains to the East and the Brecon Beacons to the West, and it's steeped in history with its castle and the neighbouring Tretower Court and Castle.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£362£272
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£384£288
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£362£272
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£384£288
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£453£340
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£384£288
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£498£374
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£384£288
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£453£340
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£384£288
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£453£340
- 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2019:£362£272