Efail Bach - "Little Smithy" is a pretty, traditional stone cottage set on the hillside above Cwmdu. The cottage is a perfect base from which to explore the Black Mountains, with walking from the door, and just 4 miles from popular Crickhowell. The holiday cottage has a lovely long private garden above the cottage with a herb garden and a vegetable patch where visitors are invited to help themselves in season. There is also a patio area directly in front and to the side of the cottage together with a sunny lawn with spectacular views across the valley with table and chairs and a BBQ.
Sleeps 2 people, One bedroom
A well-equipped kitchen with an electric cooker, microwave, fridge and a freezer, washing machine and lots of storage.
The sitting room is pretty with views across the valley, an electric coal effect fire, sofa and chairs and TV with freeview and a DVD. The cottage has WIFI.
Bedroom 1: A bedroom with a double bed and beautiful views across the valley
Bathroom with a bath, a really spacious shower cubicle, hand basin and toilet
* All linen and towels inclusive
* Welcome Basket on arrival
* Ample private parking - designated site
* TV with free sat and DVD
* Cot available
* 1 Well behaved dogs welcome (No Cats)
* Small shop on the neighbouring family campsite
* Telephone box on campsite
* Cafe and tea rooms 300 metres away
* Wifi available
* St Michael's Church welcomes visitors.
* Mountain Bike hire can be arranged locally.
This is a wonderful location - set above a small and very quiet family campsite owned by the holiday cottage owners (certainly no noisy "clubhouse here") set in four acres of well sheltered and near lawned grounds. Walks and mountain bike trails exist straight from the door up on to the eastern edge of The Black Mountains. With walks to suit everyone, the area is gently rounded upland and most importantly easy, well finger-posted access to the countryside and the most glorious landscape and stunning views. Just down the road is Tretower Court and Castle a fortified medieval manor house - now looked after by CADW and open to the public. The cottage is a notable "Dark Sky" venue and a popular destination for astronomers, having featured on BBC "Sky at Night" in 2012.
Crickhowell 4 miles renowned for its historic bridge and welcoming range of independent shops. Talgarth 8 miles Brecon 11 miles
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Carolyn or Lucy
- Pets Welcome
- Shop Nearby
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
Crickhowell is a pretty and bustling little town and a great place to book a holiday cottage. It's easy to get to, it has the Black Mountains to the East and the Brecon Beacons to the West, there are lots of great shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy and it's steeped in history with its castle and the neighbouring Tretower Court and Castle. And we've got a selection of over 60 lovely cottages in Crickhowell and the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Crickhowell is a great base for outdoor enthusiasts, with fantastic cycling and walking in the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
2018 - 2019 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 13 Apr - 24 May 2018:£342£257
- 25 May - 31 May 2018:£444£333
- 1 Jun - 19 Jul 2018:£342£257
- 20 Jul - 30 Aug 2018:£404£303
- 31 Aug - 18 Oct 2018:£342£257
- 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2018:£404£303
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2018:£323£242
- New Year:£444--------
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£304£228
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£325£244
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£304£228
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£325£244
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£381£286
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£325£244