Weeks from £353
- Short Breaks from £265
- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 3
- 1 Bathroom(s)
- 1 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- 1 Toilet(s)
- Close to Pub
Walk down the narrow enchanting cobbled lane where, in summer, wild strawberries, pink valerian and hollyhocks line the ancient stone walls to this lovely little terraced stone self-catering "quarryman's" cottage, a cosy retreat, probably dating from the 1800's. Cottage Accommodation
Sleeps 3/4 - 1 Double (access from one side) 1 Bunk Bedroom
The front door leading into the living area where there is two sofas, dining table and chairs and cosy wood burner. The kitchen is fitted with cupboards, work tops, an electric oven and hob. It also has a fridge (small ice box), microwave and a range of china and cooking equipment.
Up a lovely stone Monmouthshire staircase:
Bedroom 1: A light, bedroom with a double bed (accessed from one side) tv built in cupboard / wardrobe
Bedroom 2: A bunk bedroom with full size adult beds
Bathroom: With a fitted shower, hand basin and toilet
* Bedlinen and towels provided
* Electricity and fixed electric radiators inclusive
* Wood burner - first basket logs inclusive
* TV with Freeview and DVD
* Mobile reception good for most networks
* 1 Small dog allowed
* Safe parking 100 yards in free car park but park and unload at the end of the lane only 15 yds.
* Access to shared garden up the street
* This is not a suitable cottage for children under 6 or the less mobile as the stairs are very steep, stone and narrow and there is not room upstairs for a cot.
A delightful little holiday cottage in the charming riverside village of Llangattock, close to the Church of St Catwg, the earliest part of which dates from the 13th century within short walk to the two village pubs The Vine Tree and The Horseshoe or across the bridge into Crickhowell for further choice of pubs and places to eat along with the local shops.
Just around the corner is the Horse Shoe pub and then a short walk to the Vinetree if your wanting a special meal. Visitors can walk along the canal tow path of the Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal and see the narrow boats and for keen walkers there are miles of open hillside and wild countryside to explore with the Sugar Loaf, Table Mountain, The Blorenge and Llangattock Mountain and Escarpment in the Black Mountains with Brecon Beacons beyond. Visit Big Pit and The World Heritage Site at Blaenavon or enjoy Crickhowell less than a mile through the water meadows and over the River Usk Bridge with its many interesting local small and independent shops, restaurants and galleries.
As the cottage is only a five minute walk from the canal and then good flat walking in both directions and a pretty 15 minute walk from Crickhowell, with its shops, cafes and information centre, it would be possible to do a "no car" holiday.
Abergavenny with the closest railway station is 7 miles and Brecon 14 miles.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Lucy or Ceri
- Pub Nearby
- Walks from the door
- Woodburner/ open fire
Crickhowell is a pretty and bustling little town and a great place to book a holiday cottage. It's easy to get to, it has the Black Mountains to the East and the Brecon Beacons to the West, there are lots of great shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy and it's steeped in history with its castle and the neighbouring Tretower Court and Castle. And we've got a selection of over 60 lovely cottages in Crickhowell and the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Crickhowell is a great base for outdoor enthusiasts, with fantastic cycling and walking in the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
2018 - 2019 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2018:£353£265
- New Year:£486--------
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£362£272
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£384£288
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£362£272
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£384£288
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£453£340
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£384£288
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£498£374
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£384£288
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£453£340
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£384£288
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£453£340