Weeks from £383
- Short Breaks from £287
- Bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 4
- 1 Bathroom(s)
- 3 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- 1 Toilet(s)
- Close to Pub
Boat Cottage in the active village of Llangynidr is a three hundred year old, traditional stone cottage, with two bedrooms and an old fashioned range which can still be used. The cottage is set in a pretty country garden with glorious views, and just a two minute walk across the lane to The Coach and Horses with a garden and an enclosed Children's Play area. Alongside the cottage is The Brecon and Monmouth Canal with its many narrow boats, there is also a Lock which is always interesting in the summer with boats passing to and fro. There is a second village pub up the lane The Red Lion and a village shop for newspapers and bottles of wine.
By Owners Request. Unsuitable for children under the age of 10 due to the VERY steep drop and wall on one side of the garden.
1 Double Bedroom and 1 Twin Bedroom.
The kitchen with an electric cooker, microwave, fridge, a washing machine and a small freezer in a lock-up shed.
A large living room with an old fashioned range with open fire and three ovens and a dining table and chairs, sofa and chairs and some original ancient beams and a flag stone floor. A flight of original stone stairs now not used are a feature. TV with freeview and DVD. Windows look out across the garden and down the valley to The River Usk below and to the Brecon & Monmouthshire Canal on the other side of the lane.
Bathroom: Downstairs with a bath with a shower over, hand basin and toilet.
Up stairs to two bedrooms:
Bedroom 1: The Master Bedroom has a Double bed
Bedroom 2: Twin beds
* All linen and towels inclusive
* All electricity and oil central heating inclusive
* Wood for the fire inclusive
* TV with Freeview
* Mobile reception variable
* Cot & high chair
* 3 well behaved pets welcome
* Garden shed for bike storage
* Parking for one car - another one on the lane.
* Welcome pack on arrival which includes home cure bacon and a loaf of bread for bacon butties - Guests can pre order lamb, duck, chicken, sausages etc with the owner who rears ducks, chickens, sheep and pigs for the table all produced on the farm less than a mile away with anything else sourced locally.
* A very pretty and well kept garden enclosed but with a wall and a very steep drop.Garden table and chairs & BBQ.
*Unsuitable for children under the age of 10 due to steep drop on one side of the garden.
Brecon 10.4 miles
Boat Cottage is situated on the edge of the pretty and popular village of Llangynidr just across the lane to the Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal where there is the canal tow path and the lock where you can sit and watch the boats pass through.A great property for traffic free access to the Brecon Beacons, Taff Trail cycle network, with lockable bike storage etc. There is also the ever popular Coach and Horses pub offering good value meals only a couple of minutes' walk and down the end of the lane is the village shop - selling the basics. This a great place to stay combining the pretty traditional stone cottage and lovely garden with all the benefits of village life.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Carolyn, Ceri, Jessica, Joanna and Ann
- Bike Storage
- Enclosed Garden
- High Chair
- No Children
- Pets Welcome
- Pub Nearby
- Shop Nearby
- Shower over bath
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
Crickhowell is a pretty and bustling little town and a great place to book a holiday cottage. It's easy to get to, it has the Black Mountains to the East and the Brecon Beacons to the West, there are lots of great shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy and it's steeped in history with its castle and the neighbouring Tretower Court and Castle. And we've got a selection of over 60 lovely cottages in Crickhowell and the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Crickhowell is a great base for outdoor enthusiasts, with fantastic cycling and walking in the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
2018 - 2019 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2018:£383£287
- New Year:£528--------
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£393£295
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£418£314
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£393£295
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£418£314
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£491£368
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£418£314
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£541£406
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£418£314
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£491£368
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£418£314
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£491£368