Weeks from £2204
- Short Breaks from £1650
- Bedrooms: 9
- Sleeps: 21
- 7 Bathroom(s)
- 2 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- 7 Toilet(s)
- Close to Pub
Tyn y Cae is in a great location, in the centre of The Brecon Beacons National Park. Located within 10 minutes easy walking distance of the ever popular Three Horse Shoes in Groesffordd, with it's excellent food and ales; yet only a mile to Brecon on footpaths or 2 miles by road. This refurbished, large, Victorian, country house which still contains many original features, has been extremely well renovated to create a spacious and very comfortable self catering holiday house with the advantage of all the 21st century mod-cons. Set in large gardens with wonderful mature trees, including a giant redwood. There is a focus on green credentials, with the inclusion of heat exchange systems, wood burning stoves, LED lighting and energy efficient appliances.
This large and imposing holiday house has been renovated to provide two excellent, fully equipped kitchens to make catering easier for a large number of people - there is ample space for everyone to be accommodated very comfortably.
Sleeps 20 +1
Bedrooms: 2 King Size, 2 Family, 3 Double, 1 Twin, 1 Single (plus a couple of extra spare beds for exclusive use with plenty of dining space).
Bath/shower rooms: 7 bath/shower rooms
An impressive entrance, complete with veranda, gives access, via a spacious porch, into a large hallway with arch and sweeping staircase.
Off the hall, can be found the large dining room with sufficient seating for all. A large deep window offers plenty of light and a great view of the front garden and surrounding countryside.
Also off the hall is the main living room, again a spacious room with French doors out to the veranda. A selection of comfy sofas and chairs, an efficient wood burning stove, Flatscreen TV with Freesat and DVD make this a great room maybe for the "grownups" while the "youngsters" enjoy the 2nd living room, an attractive and cosy room, with a door and views over the garden, sofas and chairs, a wood burning stove and a Flat screen TV with Freesat and DVD.
Kitchen 1 can be found towards the rear of the house and offers a well fitted and equipped kitchen able to cater for large numbers. A large Range Style cooker, an American Style fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher etc.
Kitchen 2 is also found at the rear of the property, a spacious room equipped with an electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer and dining table and chairs.
The property offers 2 utility rooms, both with a washing machine and tumble dryer together with 2 downstairs cloakrooms with toilet and hand basin.
As you may expect 2 main staircases lead up to the 9 bedrooms .
The Master Family Bedroom 1: A very large room with a King sized bed, "day bed" and space for an additional full sized single bed if required. An en-suite bathroom, with a shower over the bath, together with a Juliette Balcony with views over the surrounding fields, make this a great master bedroom.
Up a small flight of stairs to
Bedroom 2: A bedroom with a single bed
Bedroom 3: A bedroom with a king size bed again with Juliette Balcony with views over the surrounding fields
Shared bathroom facilities with hand basin and toilet and a separate shower room/wet room and
Bedroom4: A bedroom with a double bed and an attractive featured Victorian fireplace. This room has wet room just over the hall way.
Bedroom 5: A bedroom with a king sized bed and a Wet Room (no toilet)
Up a flight of quite steep stairs to
Bedroom 6: A very spacious attic bedroom with a king sized bed, single bed and space for an additional single bed if required.
This attic room also has a Bathroom with toilet and handbasin. There is also a separate shower.
Bedroom 7: A bedroom with a double bed and an en-suite shower and a separate hand basin and toilet..
Bedroom 8: A bedroom with twin beds
Bedroom 9: A bedroom with a double bed and an en-suite wet-room with a shower and toilet.
Bathroom: With a bath with a shower over hand basin and toilet.
* External games room offering table tennis, pool and Giant Connect 4
* All linen and towels inclusive
* All electricity and wood for the two wood burning stove inclusive
* Well behaved pets welcome but must be kept on the ground floor and be under control at all times as there are sheep in the adjoining meadows.
* Welcome Pack on arrival of milk, eggs, tea, coffee, sugar, filter coffee, Welsh cakes
* Arrival at this property would be after 4pm
* Ample secure parking for at least 10 cars
* Cots and high chairs available
* Gardens and orchard for visitors to be able to enjoy with a fire pit, woodlands, garden furniture, BBQ's.
* Wifi throughout the house
* Free Sat TV available in both lounges and family rooms and I-pod dock with WIFI access
* Safe and secure storage for mountain bikes
* Outside Caterers can be arranged for large groups or for a special occasion
Brecon 2 miles, Abergavenny nearest Railway Station 24 miles, Hay-on-Wye 11 miles
Within easy reach of River Usk for fishing or canoeing, Brecon and Monmouth Canal, The Taff Trail, Cycle Route 8 (Lon Las) and The Peaks of The Brecon Beacons.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Ceri, Ann, Joanna, Edwina, Andria or Carolyn
- Bike Storage
- High Chair
- Pets Welcome
- Pub Nearby
- Shower over bath
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
Brecon is a beautiful cathedral town with views of the majestic mountains all around. We've got over 150 holiday cottages in and around Brecon, whether you're looking for a group getaway or a romantic retreat; a town house or a rural farm, we've got the perfect cottage for you.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£2204-
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£2460-
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£2204-
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£2460-
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£2922-
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£2460-
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£3537-
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£2460-
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£2922-
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£2460-
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£2922-
- 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2019:£2204-