Weeks from £578
- Short Breaks from £434
- Bedrooms: 3
- Sleeps: 6
- 2 Bathroom(s)
- 2 Toilet(s)
- Close to Pub
- Ground floor facilities
The Old Wash House is a luxurious stone barn full of character with oak beams and a wood burning stove recently renovated to a very high specification in a picturesque and peaceful court yard setting with Trout Fishing on the River Usk only 100 yards away. With bedrooms and bathrooms on the ground floor - so also great for visitors with mobility problems.
Sleeps 6 - 1 King-Size Room, 2 Twin Rooms, 2 Bathrooms
An immaculate newly fitted kitchen with an electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, Smeg fridge and freezer. Washing machine and tumble dryer.
An oak dining table and chairs, sofas and chairs set around a contemporary wood burning stove. TV with Freeview & DVD
Downstairs shower room: With double sized shower, hand basin and toilet.
Bathroom: With a bath with a shower over, hand basin and toilet.
Bedroom 1: A bedroom with pretty twin beds
Up a flight of wooden stairs to:
Bedroom 2: The Master Bedroom with a King sized bed
Bedroom 3: Twin Bedroom
* All excellent new linen and towels inclusive
* All electricity and underfloor heating throughout the house is inclusive. With the very efficient insulation and the electricity from a ground source heat pump ensuring there is always masses of hot water and the barn can be as warm as toast at all times.
* Welcome Pack on arrival
* Cot and high chair on discussion with the owner
* Wood burning stove with wood supplied
* Ample safe storage for mountain bikes.
* No Pets by owner choice.
* WIFI - can be variable
* I-pod Docking Station
* Parking for two cars comfortably and more parking available.
* There are two lily ponds in the courtyard area that visitors with children should be aware of.
* Behind the barn is a garden table and BBQ and a raised lawned area. Not enclosed.
The nearest village is Trecastle with The Castle Coaching Inn serving food this is only a - 10 minute walk down the lane.
Sennybridge is 3 miles, Brecon and Llandovery 10 miles.
We visited this property on a sunny day in mid-May and it was magical with a bank of bluebells behind the barn, water lilies just appearing on the ponds.
FISHING available - There is single bank, three quarter of a mile, trout fishing on the higher reaches of the River Usk - to be discussed with the owner this is less than 100 yards walk down a track from the barn. Please note fishing is only available in season.
Alongside The Old Wash House is bunkhouse Ynysmarchog which is www.bunkhousewales.com .
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Lucy, Ann, Ceri or Carolyn.
- Bike Storage
- Ground floor facilities
- High Chair
- No Pets
- Pub Nearby
- Shower over bath
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
Brecon is a beautiful cathedral town with views of the majestic mountains all around. We've got over 150 holiday cottages in and around Brecon, whether you're looking for a group getaway or a romantic retreat; a town house or a rural farm, we've got the perfect cottage for you.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£578£434
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£614£461
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£578£434
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£614£461
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£723£542
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£614£461
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£794£596
- 31 May - 18 Jul 2019:£614£461
- 19 Jul - 29 Aug 2019:£723£542
- 30 Aug - 17 Oct 2019:£614£461
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£723£542
- 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2019:£578£434