Weeks from £1331
- Short Breaks from £998
- Bedrooms: 7
- Sleeps: 13
- 5 Bathroom(s)
- 3 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- 5 Toilet(s)
- Close to Pub
Gilestone Farmhouse is a magnificent Georgian farmhouse on a 240 acre mixed farm with sheep, cattle and arable, nestled between the River Usk and The Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal. An ideal place to stay, being only a few minutes' walk into the village of Talybont-on-Usk with its four popular local pubs, the craft shop, village shop, post office and cafe. Brecon is 6 miles and Crickhowell, 7 miles.
Sleeps 13 - 7 bedrooms
There is a very large traditional farmhouse kitchen with a super four-oven green Aga for cooking. With flagstone floors and a great oak dining table for sociable dining, a Welsh Dresser, butchers block and a large American style fridge.
There are several additional rooms off the kitchen - the "Old Dairy" (where the salting block once was) contains a microwave, a chest deep freeze and ample storage space, plus a storage room. There is another back-kitchen with a dishwasher, a washing machine, another kitchen table and a sink.
Beyond that, there is a boot room beside the back door leading to
Downstairs bathroom: Toilet and shower - ideal if coming in wet and muddy after a day out hill-walking, exploring the Taff Trail by mountain bikes or paddling a canoe on the canal.
There is a very spacious and sunny conservatory to seat everyone comfortably with two enormous sofas. Double doors lead out onto wooden decking with a "Retro" BBQ and then out to the gardens beyond.
The sitting room has three large comfy sofas and a large wood-burning stove, set in a great inglenook fireplace with the featured original bread oven.
The second sitting room also has a table and chairs set in the bay window with views over the garden. Again there are two comfy sofas and a wood-burning stove set in a large stone fireplace.
Throughout this lovely house,you will discover the original wide, dark oak floor boards which in some places are slightly uneven and a little creaky, great oak beams and in the attic bedroom the exposed Cruck beams in the roof. Enjoy the views from the casement windows, over the farm land to the River Usk, which is only one water meadow away. One could almost feel you were living in a film location from Georgian times. This house is very large and friendly with plenty of spaces, nook and crannys where you can sit quietly if you wish. This is a house that welcomes families and friends, ensuring there is plenty of space for everyone.
Up fine original oak stairs to:
Bedroom 1: A double bed (sleeps 2)
A family bathroom: With bath, hand basin and toilet
Up a few more oak stairs to:
Master Bedroom 2: A double bed set in a massive bedroom with sofa and chairs and glorious views over the grazing animals up the Usk Valley. (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 3: A Single bed.
Family bathroom: with a bath, separate shower, hand basin and toilet.
Bedroom 4: A contemporary bedroom with a double bed. (sleeps 2)
Master Bedroom 5: With a fine Four Poster carved wooden bed, with comfy armchair and a large flat screen TV with DVD (sleeps 2)
Up a further flight of stairs to the attic bedrooms:
Bedroom 6: A very large attic bedroom room with twin beds and could also be used as a children's play room with sofa and chairs. (sleeps 2)
A shower room: With shower, hand basin and toilet
Bedroom 7: A vast bedroom up in the eaves with a double bed plus 4' double with an en-suite shower, hand basin and toilet. (sleeps 2/3)
The house has extensive private enclosed gardens with plenty of space for ball games or just relaxing.
The very welcoming owner has compiled a comprehensive guide with walks around the farm and is always happy to show visitors around the farm.
* All linen and towels are included in the price.
* All electricity, oil and central heating are included in the price.
* Cot and high chair available.
* Wood inclusive for the two wood burning stoves.
* Pets - three well-behaved pets welcome on the condition they are kept downstairs and not allowed on the furniture and not allowed in the fields where there are sheep or cattle grazing on the farm.
* Garden Furniture, a BBQ in an enclosed garden.
* Free Sat TV's with DVD player.
* Free WIFI internet connections.
* Ample parking for cars and if necessary or a mini-bus.
* Safe storage for mountain bikes and canoes.
* Stabling and grazing for two horses if required (to be discussed with the owner)
* Hairdryer available
* Iron and ironing board available
* A returnable bond of £250.00 is required with this property to be paid with the balance
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Carolyn, Lucy, Andria,Jessica, Ceri or Ann.
- High Chair
- Pets Welcome
- Pub Nearby
- Shop Nearby
- Shower over bath
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
- Working Farm
- Large Freezer
Brecon is a beautiful cathedral town with views of the majestic mountains all around. We've got over 150 holiday cottages in and around Brecon, whether you're looking for a group getaway or a romantic retreat; a town house or a rural farm, we've got the perfect cottage for you.
2018 - 2019 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 1 Jun - 19 Jul 2018:£1415£1061
- 20 Jul - 30 Aug 2018:£1665£1249
- 31 Aug - 18 Oct 2018:£1415£1061
- 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2018:£1665£1249
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2018:£1331£998
- New Year:£1831--------
- 1 Jan - 14 Feb 2019:£1364£1023
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£1450£1088
- 22 Feb - 28 Mar 2019:£1364£1023
- 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£1450£1088
- 5 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£1707£1280
- 26 Apr - 23 May 2019:£1450£1088
- 24 May - 30 May 2019:£1877£1408