Weeks from £1148
- Short Breaks from £861
- Bedrooms: 3
- Sleeps: 6
- 2 Bathroom(s)
- 2 Pet(s) welcome (£20/pet)
- 2 Toilet(s)
- Hidden Gem
- Hot Tub (Exclusive)
- Close to Pub
Sit back on the patio or in front of the wood burning stove. Take a deep breath, relax and gaze over the miles and miles of views, all the way over to The Black Mountain in the West of the Brecon Beacons National Park and you won't even see another house. It is remote yet luxurious in superb scenery and there's plenty to do while you're here. Just a mile from The Shoe Makers' Arms and 3 miles from the village of Sennybridge the Barn has everything you need for a really special trip.
If you don't even want to leave the comfort of the barn, you can watch the 48" TV, or if you are feeling you need some exercise then just walk out of the front door and across to the barn and the fully fitted gymnasium, wander in the 5 acres of land in which the Barn is set or cook some fantastic feasts in one of the best-equipped kitchens we have ever seen. However, the absolute must us a long soak in the hot tub with a glass of fizz to witness the amazing star lit night skies of the Brecon Beacons.
There is wonderful walking and cycling from the door, and it's just a short drive to places of interest such as The Usk Reservoir, The Black Mountain, Llandovery and Llandeilo, Brecon and Builth Wells.
Even with all this luxury your conscience can be clear as it's powered by solar energy and has a ground-source heat pump.
Sleeps 6 - 3 bedrooms
Living room - The downstairs is a great space all open plan, you walk into the dining room with a long dining table and chairs and tall windows where the cart arches used to be ensuring the room is very light. There is a double fronted wood burning stove with 2 steps separating the dining room from the sitting room. In the sitting room there are 2 leather sofas and an armchair and doors out onto the patio making sure you get the best views in both directions from the comfort of the sofas too!
Kitchen - At the other end of the ground floor is the amazing kitchen. It has a granite topped island, walnut kitchen units, an electric AGA, a steam oven, American style fridge-freezer, combination oven/microwave/, grill, dishwasher, wok ring and frankly, everything you could wish for.
Upstairs to 3 bedrooms:
The Master Bedroom 1: A super-king sized wooden sleigh bed, plenty of storage space, TV and a Juliet balcony to be able to open the door and feel the weather. Super-deluxe en-suite bathroom with huge bath, walk in shower, toilet and basin.
Bedroom2: Double bedroom with door to shared bathroom. Single pull out Z bed available to increase occupancy on request
Bedroom 3: Double bedroom again with a door to shared bathroom. Single pull out Z bed available to increase occupancy on request.
Family bathroom with toilet, hand basin, walk-in rain- shower.
In a separate barn:
Your own personal Gym superbly equipped with running machine, rowing machine, cross trainer, weights bench
Heating controls and washing machine
Outside there is a large lawned area, flagstone patios to the front and rear, outdoor furniture and barbecue.
* A very generous welcome hamper
* All linen and towels inclusive
* All electricity and wood for the wood burning stove inclusive
* Underfloor heating throughout
* 2 well behaved dogs welcome
* Washing machine
* 48 " TV with Sky TV package, DVD Player
* Nintendo wii, board games and books
* High chair and cot available on request
* Enclosed garden
* Plenty of parking
* The Annex is charged at an additional £95 per night for up to four additional guests and if used must be booked for the entirety of your stay.
Sleep 4 - 1 bedroom and sofa bed.
Just across the courtyard away from the barn is the Annex which is reassuringly only available to the party staying in the main barn.
A completely self contained unit including a double bedroom and main bathroom, heaps of living space, its own kitchen, plus a large double sofa bed. The Annex is charged at an additional £95 per night for up to four additional guests and if used must be booked for the entirety of your stay. The perfect addition for those with larger families or those planning a celebration.
In terms of heating and hot water visitors need not be deterred by the eco credentials of the barn as everything is designed to be self-regulating do not have to do anything differently through but there are the solar panels up on the bank behind the barn that generate electricity and there is Ground Source Heating Pump which makes sure the barn is always warm and welcoming for visitors when they arrive.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, and Lucy
- Bike Storage
- High Chair
- Hot Tub Exclusive
- Pets Welcome
- Pub Nearby
- SKY TV
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Woodburner/ open fire
Brecon is a beautiful cathedral town with views of the majestic mountains all around. We've got over 150 holiday cottages in and around Brecon, whether you're looking for a group getaway or a romantic retreat; a town house or a rural farm, we've got the perfect cottage for you.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 15 Feb - 21 Feb 2019:£1428£1071
- 22 Feb - 28 Feb 2019:£1193£895
- 1 Mar - 14 Mar 2019:£1170£878
- 15 Mar - 4 Apr 2019:£1205£904
- 5 Apr - 11 Apr 2019:£1573£1180
- 12 Apr - 18 Apr 2019:£1635£1226
- 19 Apr - 25 Apr 2019:£1620£1215
- 26 Apr - 2 May 2019:£1275£956
- 3 May - 9 May 2019:£1581£1186
- 10 May - 23 May 2019:£1258£944
- 24 May - 6 Jun 2019:£1581£1186
- 7 Jun - 27 Jun 2019:£1261£946
- 28 Jun - 11 Jul 2019:£1573£1180
- 12 Jul - 18 Jul 2019:£1589£1192
- 19 Jul - 25 Jul 2019:£1573£1180
- 26 Jul - 22 Aug 2019:£1620£1215
- 23 Aug - 29 Aug 2019:£1589£1192
- 30 Aug - 12 Sep 2019:£1285£964
- 13 Sep - 17 Oct 2019:£1249£937
- 18 Oct - 24 Oct 2019:£1504£1128
- 25 Oct - 31 Oct 2019:£1376£1032
- 1 Nov - 12 Dec 2019:£1170£878
- 13 Dec - 19 Dec 2019:£1205£904