Barley Store is part of a 200-year-old barn conversion including Corn View and Rye Barn, Barley Store sits at the heart of a working farm and are ideal if you're looking for somewhere to get away from it all. Situated approximately 15 miles west of Brecon in the picturesque valley of Afon Crai, the cottages boast comfortable contemporary interiors and enjoy stunning unspoilt views of the spectacular surrounding farmland.
This lovely cottage, one of three on a 220-acre working sheep farm, is set deep within the Brecon Beacons National Park. Barley Store offers visitors a great base for exploring the surrounding area including the stunning Brecon Beacons, Dan-yr-Ogof showcaves, Waterfall country and the pretty market town of Llandovery.
Sleeps 2 / 1 bedroom
This romantic little hideaway is nestled in the corner of a converted barn dating back to around 1831. The barn used to store grain on what is now a 220-acre sheep farm deep within the Brecon Beacons National Park. The owners live just across the farmyard and welcome guests to explore the farmland and meet the animals, a particular treat when the spring lambs are bouncing around in the fields.
Barley Store cottage has a cosy open-plan living space. The well-equipped kitchen has a washing machine and microwave and there is a small counter top freezer in the very handy outhouse. This outbuilding houses the boiler for the cottage and so is a great place for drying off any wet coats and walking boots, as well as offering the perfect place to store bicycles and other bits and bobs.
The sitting area has a comfy little sofa, TV, DVD player and CD/radio. There is also a selection of books and a small dining table.
Upstairs, there's a lovely, light and airy double bedroom with beautiful views over the surrounding farmland to the mountains in the distance. The en-suite is modern and stylish.
Bedroom 1: Double bed
En-suite: Shower, hand basin, heated towel rail and toilet
* Bedlinen and towels.
* Electricity and oil central heating.
* Ample parking.
* No pets please - by owners choice
* Good mobile reception.
* Fishing on River Crai which runs through farm
* A highchair, stair gate, baby bath and travel cot are provided
* Safe storage for mountain bikes
* BBQ and garden furniture
* Hose and outside tap available for washing down bikes etc.
* Further accommodation for 6 people can be provided by booking Corn View and Barley Store.
Trecastle (with village pub) 2 miles, Sennybridge 2 miles, Llandovery 10 miles, Brecon 12 miles
If you would like to someone who has visited this property please ask for Carolyn, Jessica, Lucy, Andria, Jo and Ed
- Bike Storage
- High Chair
- No Pets
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Working Farm
Brecon is a beautiful cathedral town with views of the majestic mountains all around. We've got over 150 holiday cottages in and around Brecon, whether you're looking for a group getaway or a romantic retreat; a town house or a rural farm, we've got the perfect cottage for you.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 16 Feb - 22 Feb 2019:£325£244
- 23 Feb - 29 Mar 2019:£304£228
- 30 Mar - 5 Apr 2019:£325£244
- 6 Apr - 26 Apr 2019:£381£286
- 27 Apr - 24 May 2019:£325£244
- 25 May - 31 May 2019:£419£314
- 1 Jun - 19 Jul 2019:£325£244
- 20 Jul - 30 Aug 2019:£381£286
- 31 Aug - 18 Oct 2019:£325£244
- 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2019:£381£286
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2019:£304£228