Ann's Bungalow is a three bedroomed detached property situated in a lovely rural position within the grounds of the owner's farm, at the foothills of the Brecon Beacons. It is well kept and maintained with pride. It is the perfect base for a quiet relaxing break and guests have the added bonus of using free of charge a luxury 6 seater hot tub which is housed in a log cabin in the grounds.
The Brecon Beacons is open all year round, offering a full range of exciting activities. Footpaths lead in all directions with easy access to the main peaks from the doorstep this makes an excellent base for keen walkers. There is horse riding available nearby and mountain bikes can be hired locally.
Birdlife is abundant and a small lake in the meadow is a well established habitat for wildlife such as herons, ducks and Canadian geese. The clear unpolluted sky provides wonderful starlit nights perfect for stargazing.
Sleeps 6 - 1 King-Size, 1 Double, 1 Twin
Kitchen - The kitchen is extremely well equipped with fitted units, a larder cupboard, pine dresser, table and chairs. Electric cooker with grill set in an inglenook, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, filter coffee maker, toaster and kettle. Radio and wall mounted freeview TV. Quality china, a selection of cookware, saucepans, kitchen utensils and cutlery, in fact everything you need.
Sitting room - The large window makes the sitting room light and airy with breathtaking panoramic views across the patchwork fields into the valley beyond. This room is ideal for observing the wildlife on the lake and the many different species of birds. The sitting room is tastefully furnished with co-ordinating fabrics, cushions and curtains. Soft leather sofas and a real flame effect wood burning stove housed in an inglenook. Sky TV, video, DVD and CD player.
Bathroom - The fully tiled bathroom has a rectangular anti-slip bath with hand rails and a power shower over. A wash station and toilet. Electric towel warmer with overhead heater and extractor fan. A shaver socket and extendable shaving mirror.
Cloakroom - The newly extended cloakroom houses a washing machine, tumble dryer and drying facilities for coats and boots. A separate toilet and washbasin.
Bedroom 1: King sized bed luxuriously dressed and antique pine furniture plus a wall mounted slimline Sky TV.
Bedroom 2: A double bed, a feature wall with co-ordinating bed linen and curtains and complimented with cream bedroom furniture.
Bedroom 3: Two identical twin beds and a fitted wardrobe set in an alcove.
Gardens - At the front of the property is a large enclosed well maintained lawned area surrounded by a mixture of plants and border shrubs. Enclosed in a log cabin is the luxury hot tub, this is the perfect place to sit and relax and enjoy the stunning scenery whatever the weather.
To the rear is a lawn and patio area with garden seating, a gas barbeque and a rotary clothes airer. There is private parking for one car and additional parking is available on the courtyard. Adjoining this is a safe children's play area with swing, slides, see-saw and outdoor toys.
Just across the road is a further seating area with a rockery which overlooks the lake and a bird feeding station.
* Saturday to Saturday bookings preferred.
* The property is all on one level.
* All bed linen provided and extra blankets available.
* One hand and one bath towel per person supplied.
* Tea towels, dishcloths and cleaning materials provided.
* New Duo-heat electric radiators.
* All electricity and storage heating included.
* Shared Hot Tub available - by arrangement with the owner
* Hair dryer supplied.
* Baby bath, high chair and travel cot.
* TV with Sky basic channels.
* Internet access available.
* Mobile reception variable.
* No smoking
* Local history books and maps.
* Extensive folder of attractions and interesting places to visit.
* Selection of reading books and magazines.
* Children's play area.
* Gas BBQ.
* Rotary clothes airer.
* Ironing facilities.
* Re-cycling bins.
* Sorry, no pets accepted.
* Access statement available.
* Electrical Inspection report.
* Energy Performance certificate.
* Portable Appliance Test certificate.
* Visit Wales Welcome Host Gold Award.
* Walkers and Cyclists Welcome Award.
* Brecon Beacons National Park Ambassador and Dark Sky Status Award.
Perfect location for hill walkers: This is the perfect location for hill walkers where you can just leave the car at the cottage and walk straight up onto all the main peaks of the Brecon Beacons mountain range which rise up behind the farm.
Plenty of outdoor activities close by: There are plenty of things to see and do during your stay, so you will never get bored, a few are within walking distance of the property and others a short drive away. There is an excellent selection of literature in the property on the various attractions and historical places this area has to offer to suit all age groups.
The nearest pub and restaurant is Brecon. Brecon is 4 miles.
If you would like to speak to someone who has visited this property please ask for: Elizabeth, Edwina,Ceri or Lucy
- Bike Storage
- Enclosed Garden
- Ground floor facilities
- High Chair
- Hot Tub (Shared)
- Kids Play Area
- No Pets
- Shower over bath
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks from the door
- Washing Machine
- Working Farm
- Large Freezer
Brecon is a beautiful cathedral town with views of the majestic mountains all around. We've got over 150 holiday cottages in and around Brecon, whether you're looking for a group getaway or a romantic retreat; a town house or a rural farm, we've got the perfect cottage for you.
2019 - 2020 Prices (weeks/3 days)
DatePer week3 Days
- 1 Jan - 15 Feb 2019:£578£434
- 16 Feb - 22 Feb 2019:£614£461
- 23 Feb - 29 Mar 2019:£578£434
- 30 Mar - 5 Apr 2019:£614£461
- 6 Apr - 26 Apr 2019:£723£542
- 27 Apr - 24 May 2019:£614£461
- 25 May - 31 May 2019:£794£596
- 1 Jun - 19 Jul 2019:£614£461
- 20 Jul - 30 Aug 2019:£723£542
- 31 Aug - 18 Oct 2019:£614£461
- 19 Oct - 25 Oct 2019:£723£542
- 26 Oct - 20 Dec 2019:£578£434