Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottages offer a wide selection of holiday accommodation in the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains National Park and surrounding areas such as Wye Valley, Welsh Marshes, Golden Valley and South Wales Valley. We have over 300 self-catering properties in and around this National Park
As an agency we are very aware of both the importance of tourism and the importance of getting it right with regards to visitors coming to this area. We do want to encourage visitors but at the same time we want them to respect the environment and to be aware that it is a National Park. We want this beautiful area to be preserved and to function well, with tourism as an integral part of local community life.
As an agency we try to implement an environmental management system within our own office, and to also encourage the owners of the holiday cottages to make their properties as eco-friendly as possible and to encourage the customers to partake of this as well.
We aim to continually improve our environmental performance by:
· Complying with all requirements of the relevant environmental legislation
· Encouraging the use of recycling and composting to reduce waste in our office and to encourage owners to this with the help of their customers.
· Minimising waste disposal
· Minimising fuel consumption by aiming ultimately where possible to have a car share system
· Encouraging the prevention of Pollution
· Ensuring all staff are aware of the environmental responsibilities
· Encouraging more properties to be involved with the Green Tourism Business Scheme
This environmental policy will be reviewed annually and made available to all interested parties.
E. Daniel - Director